Jefferson County Democrats is an approximately 700-member strong political organization dedicated to implementing Democratic Party platforms through candidates and legislation. We’re a living organization, with platforms and policies that are shaped by members. Our membership meets once a month, typically early in the last week of the month. In between, members are volunteering and working independently or in committees to accomplish our goals. If you haven’t already, we hope you will join us!
Call for Volunteers: Membership Committee has several goals that will be easier to accomplish with many hands. If you’re interested in helping at meetings or participating in the upcoming (April 22nd, Earth Day) fundraiser for our Phil Johnson Environmental Studies Scholarships, please contact Beth Stroh-Stern, Membership Chair, at (425) 890-0361 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Election of a Chair:
We welcome our two declared candidates for chair of the Jefferson County Democrats Celeste Bennett and Marty Gilmore to our candidates forum on the 28th of March at 6pm in the Oscar Erickson Building at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Port Townsend. Please note: we are not taking any new candidates from the floor for the declared candidates forum on the 28th. This is only a forum for membership to ask questions to declared candidates. The election itself will commence on April 11th at 6pm at the Chimacum Highschool in Chimacum.
- Now: Submit questions for candidates via your Precinct Committee Officer (PCO) or directly to the Committee on Chair Elections.
- If you don’t know your precinct number, use this tool to find it.
- Once you know your precinct number, use this page to find your PCO.
- If your precinct is without a PCO, please send your questions to Trish Walat, via e-mail at email@example.com
- March 28th: Attend our candidate forum, 6:00pm at the Oscar Erickson Building, Jefferson County Fairgrounds.
- March 28th-April 11th : Communicate with your PCO.
- April 11th: Attend the election itself, 6:00pm at Chimacum High School.
Interested in running for chair? Any JCD member residing in Jefferson County is eligible. E-mail your statement of interest and candidate statement to Juliet Parfrey, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keeping Up with Legislation
Our first Legislators Round Table was held Sunday, March 12th at the Bay Club in Port Ludlow, with approximately 75 members attending. Assistant Majority Whip Mike Chapman and Representative Steve Tharinger were our guests, in an open question format without moderation or screening of questions.
Please visit our facebook page, here. You can also sign up to receive Jefferson County Democrats tweets: we are @JeffersonCoDems on twitter.
See who your Precinct Committee Officers are here.
Join us or Renew your membership here.