JCD Program and Member Meeting
Thursday, April 22, at 6 PM (room opens at 5:45)
On Zoom – Meeting ID 994 8951 9133
Program: Invest in Washington Now
Washington state has the most upside-down tax system in the nation. A low-income person pays about 17% of their income in state and local taxes while a middle- income person pays about 7% and a wealthy person pays about 3%.
Invest in Washington Now is supporting Senate Bill 5096, which would install a capital gains tax on wealthy Washingtonians, and they have other ideas on reform of Washington’s tax structure.
Congressman Derek Kilmer (tentatively depending on House schedule) will discuss the current session of the House of Representatives.
Business Meeting After Program
Major agenda items:
- Financial review of JCDs 2020 accounts
- Status of audits requested regarding the December reorganization meeting
- Resolution – SB 5096 – Capital Gains Tax
- Resolution – HB 1156 – Ranked Choice Voting
- Resolution – SB 5204 – Whole Washington Health Trust
Copies of Proposed Resolution Text: