JCD endorsements for legislative and state offices in Aug. 4 primary election The Jefferson County Democrats have endorsed 11 legislative and statewide candidates for the Aug. 4 primary election.
The endorsed candidates for the 24th Legislative District:
- State senator, Kevin Van de Wege (incumbent)
- State representative, Position 1, Mike Chapman (incumbent)
- State representative, Position 2, Steve Tharinger (incumbent)
The endorsed candidates for statewide offices:
- Governor, Jay Inslee (incumbent)
- Secretary of state, Gael Tarleton
- State treasurer, Mike Pellicciotti
- State auditor, Pat (Patrice) McCarthy (incumbent)
- Attorney General, Bob Ferguson (incumbent)
- Commissioner of public lands, Hilary Franz (incumbent)
- Superintendent of public instruction, Chris Reykdal (incumbent)
- Insurance Commissioner, Mike Kreidler (incumbent).
The JCD has not taken a position on the four Democratic candidates for lieutenant governor (James R. Rafferty, Marko Liias, Michelle Jasmer and Denny Heck), two Democratic candidates for U.S. representative (Rebecca Parson and Derek Kilmer) and three Democratic candidates for District 2 on the JeffCo Board of Commissioners (Amanda Funaro, Heidi Eisenhour and Lorna Smith).
Here’s the Online Voters’ Guide for congressional, statewide, legislative and Jefferson County candidates: voter.votewa.gov/GenericVoterGuide.aspx?e=865&c=16#/. It does not include statements by candidates for precinct committee officers, but you can read them are on the JCD website: jeffcodemocrats.com/elections/candidates/
Ballots will be mailed by July 15 and can be returned postage-free to the Jefferson County Auditor’s Office. They must be postmarked by Aug. 4 or deposited by Aug. 4 in official county drop boxes at several locations around the county.