Hello, and welcome to the Issues and Action Group on Healthcare.
- Ask friends with Republican Representatives to Weigh in with their Electeds and demand they vote against TrumpScare … because it is truly frightening! (Phone calls from people in their districts have the biggest impact.)
This from WA Dems:
With a TrumpCare vote as soon as this Thursday, we need to call Republicans and let them know about the impacts of TrumpCare on their own districts. This bill would do the worst harm to rural and Republican districts – Republicans are hurting their own constituents with this bill. We pulled the numbers from ACAsignups.net on how many people in each district could be hurt by TrumpCare:
- Jaime Herrera-Beutler 360-695-6292
89,824 people in CD w/ ACA coverage
- Dan Newhouse 509-452-3243
82,463 people in CD w/ ACA coverage
- Cathy McMorris Rodgers 509-353-2374
84,847 people in CD w/ ACA coverage
- Dave Reichert 425-677-7414
82,060 people in CD w/ ACA coverage
Reichert already voted once for TrumpCare in the House Ways & Means committee, but we need to reach out to all of Washington’s Republican delegation to lobby them.
Herrera Beutler has already expressed concerns about TrumpCare – it’s possible we may be able to lobby her to change her vote!
Let’s contact our delegation (and even better — get friends in their districts to contact them) and remind them of the impact on real people in their districts who need health care to survive!
- This ad hoc committee meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 9:00 a.m. at Quimper Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, 2333 San Juan Ave, Port Townsend, WA 98368. Contact: Jenifer Taylor, (360) 385-3666, email@example.com for details.
Health Care is a Platform Issue
“We believe high quality health care is an essential human right. We advocate for systems that support mental health, physical well-being and dental care. It is essential that all patients be fully informed of all legal medical options for their care, and be given prompt access to treatments of their choice.” Jefferson County Democrats’ Platform. Healthcare is the special focus of concerned Democrats.
Within JCD, this group will help JCD membership study and track legislation pertaining to healthcare, so that membership can intelligently question candidates for office as well as elected representatives, and inform others.
- Click here to read the Jefferson County Democrats’ Platform.
- Click here to read the Jefferson County Democrats’ Bylaws.
- Click here to read Washington State Democrats’ Immigration page.
- Click here to read the Washington State Democrats Platform.
- Click here to read about the Washington State legislative process.
- Click here to read about HR676, Expanded & Improved Medicare for All Act.
To join the people who will be leading research and action on this important topic, contact Contact: Jenifer Taylor, (360) 385-3666, firstname.lastname@example.org.