December 10, 2018
Fort Worden Commons, Port Townsend
Please join us to support adoption of the recommended amendments of the Jefferson County Planning Commission by the Board of County Commissioners at their public hearing on “harmonizing” Title 18, “land use” rules for gun ranges, with the already-adopted Title 8 “safety” ordinance for gun ranges.
The amendments include:
1. Prohibiting military and law enforcement training at commercial shooting facilities;
2. Requiring the restricting of shooting hours to 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.;
3. Prohibiting landing an aircraft or discharging firearms from an aircraft or a drone at a commercial shooting facility;
4. Requiring a 500-yard setback of shooting areas around any lake greater than 20 acres;
5. Requiring a 16-foot-high noise barrier above grade at shooting ranges; and
6. Requiring all shooting areas to be fenced to a minimum height of eight feet.
For more details go to: https://tarbooridgecoalition.org/