Welcome to the Money and Government issues action group.
- Task: Use the links below to read about SB5465 and companion bill HB2059, and to register your comments on each with the Washington State legislature.
Location: Jefferson County Library, 620 Cedar Avenue, Port Hadlock
- Sunday, February 26th, 1pm to 3pm, Shold Room
- Sunday, March 5th, 1pm to 3pm, Shold Room
- Sunday, March 12th, 1pm to 3pm, Shold Room
Economic Justice is a Platform Issue. The following statement on economic justice is quoted from the Washington State Democrats platform:
Economic Justice, Jobs and Tax Fairness Income inequality is the driving issue of our time. We are committed to a sustainable economy with strong communities based on living-wage jobs, tax fairness, and shared prosperity. (Washington Democrats State Platform, 2017)
Jefferson County Democrats Bylaws bind us to “Endorse and/or support organizations and activities that reflect the Platform of the Jefferson County Democrats and that improve the welfare of Jefferson County, its people, and its natural environment.”
Within JCD, this group will help JCD membership study and track legislation pertaining to money and government, such that the membership can intelligently question candidates for office as well as elected representatives, and inform others.
- Click here read about SB 5464, establishing the Washington investment trust.
- Click here to read about HB 2059, establishing the Washington investment trust.
- Click here to read a general description of SB 5464 and the benefits it would bring to education in Washington State.
- Click here to watch an informational video about SB 5464.
- Click here to read the Senate Bill report.
- Click here to read the Jefferson County Democrats’ Platform.
- Click here to read the Jefferson County Democrats’ Bylaws.
- Click here to read Washington State Democrats’ Economic Justice page.
- Click here to read the Washington State Democrats Platform.
- Click here to read about the Washington State legislative process.
To join the people who will be leading research and action on this important topic, contact Contact: Norm Norton, (360) 732-4723.