Hello, and welcome to the Issues and Action Group on Housing and Homelessness.
- Task: Contact Washington State House of Representatives Rules Committee members by e-mail and telephone, requesting that they move HB1085 (The Tiny House Bill) to the floor for consideration, because this bill will remove an obstacle in solving homelessness and affordable housing issues in rural areas. We have until March 1st to express our support of HB1085 to members of the House Rules Committee.
- Click here to download a template for use in e-mailing and phoning.
- Task: Track HB1570’s progress.
- Phone Banking:
Next Meeting: Sunday, February 26th, 1:30pm at the Umatilla Cottages community room: 2910 Timber Court, Pt. Townsend. Agenda: How we want to meet. Contact Jan Krick: email@example.com 541-254-0325
Housing & Homelessness is a Platform Issue. The following statement on social justice is quoted from Jefferson County Democrats platform:
SOCIAL JUSTICE – We recognize our community is diminished by social and economic injustice. The growing gap between rich and poor, the lack of decent and affordable housing, the acknowledged inequity of Washington State’s regressive tax system and the uneven application of laws all erect barriers to our security and success.
- Click here to read about HB 1570 (Protect OlyCap Housing Funds)
HB1570 Status (updated February 17, 2017): Amended and given a “Do Pass as amended” status in Majority report. Next Steps: Bill will move to the floor. If floor accepts Majority Report recommendation and passes the bill, it will then move to the Rules Committee.
- Click here to read about HB1085 (Tiny House Bill)
To join the people who will be leading research and action on this important topic, contact Contact: Jan Krick: firstname.lastname@example.org 541-254-0325