Meetings take place the second Monday of each month at the Jefferson County Hadlock library from 6 PM to 8 PM. The next meeting will be held on March 13th. Please RSVP to Ellen O’Shea if you plan to attend.
Contact: Ellen O’Shea, (360) 301-1662, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Agriculture is a Platform Issue
LOCAL FOOD PRODUCTION – Among all our goals, the ability to feed ourselves with local food is the most basic. Only about 4% of our food is currently produced in Jefferson County. Protecting and supporting local food production must be an essential part of our planning, and we embrace policies that protect all farmlands from encroachment and conversion to non-farming.
- Click here to read the Jefferson County Democrats’ Platform.
- Click here to read the Healthcare page on the Washington State Democrats’ website.
- Click here to read the Washington State Democrats Platform.
- 02_Meeting minutes 2-11 ag issue meeting.
To join the people who will be leading research and action on this important topic, contact Ellen O’Shea, (360) 301-1662, email@example.com.
Focus groups forming within this committee:
- Making Local Farming Sustainable
- GMO/Toxic Farming/Toxins in Food/Protection Against Toxins in Environment